"being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience (Colossians 1:11)." It's so easy to lose our patience during difficulties or stressful situations. It's also easy to take those frustrations out on others. This scripture reminds me to continuously ask for patience which can be given in abundance... Allowing me to be wise in my dealings and speech when under fire/stress/pressure. Breathe in patience and exhale kindness!
Who are you when no one is looking? That's who you are... "If you build your identity on anything that can be taken away from you, you’re going to be inconsistent and insecure, and insecurity can lead to depression and anger." You will forever be on a mission to please others, be like others, depend on others to determine and establish who you are. That's not fair to you or God who created you to be: special, different and unique! Remember this: "Until you start feeling secure about yourself, people are going to be able to push your buttons and shape your identity." "When you know who you are and WHOSE you are, people can’t tell you who to be, how to be, what to be nor can they push your buttons." They can’t get to you. You are secure and sure-footed in Christ.
To love isn’t about knowing all of the right things to say or do or obeying a list of rules that tell you how to love. It’s something more, something costlier, because it involves being present and making a sacrifice. Giving up the "you" for partnership. The world can make you think that love can be picked up at a garage sale or enveloped in a Hallmark card. That's definitely not the case! Love is action, Jesus died for our sins because His father loved us that much. He walked on earth and was present with us because He had that much affection for us and wanted to be present. Love doesn't say it's going to...it just does. Love is action, not words. Today, "I love you" has lost its meaning because it's used out of context. I messed up, I'm sorry but I still love you. I love you so much but don't know why I did what I did or said what I said. I should have known better but I acted in a moment of weakness, it doesn't mean I don...
Comments
Post a Comment